In addition to serving our customers, we are ever mindful of our responsibility to address the problem of homeless and abandoned animals, as well as to support local humane groups and assistance dog organizations. No wonder Especially for Pets is the Massachusetts retailer with whom rescue and humane organizations most prefer to work.
- We host hundreds of adoption events every year. Our Adoption Initiative Program finds permanent, loving homes for homeless pets and raises awareness about the work being done in the rescue community. In six month increments, each Especially for Pets’ store teams up with a local non-profit to educate customers about what the specific organization does, collect donations for its use and, ultimately, help find homes for pets in its care.
- In the last 27 years, Especially for Pets has donated close to $350,000 to a total of more than 40 non-profits.
- We offer a 10% discount on all products and services for adopted pets for one month with proof of adoption. This discount is also valid for anyone raising and fostering a puppy for a non-profit, 501(c)(3) service dog organization or providing their homes to foster animals.*
- We offer free obedience classes to Puppy Raisers raising and training puppies who are owned by non-profit 501 (c)(3) organizations, such as National Education for Assistance Dog Services (NEADS) and Canine Companions for Independence (CCI) for the duration of fostering.*
- Finally, Especially for Pets is a top sponsor of such events as the MSPCA Walk for Animals, Pet Rock Festival, Whisker Walk Festival, Save a Dog’s Paws in the Park and many others.
Note: Adoption certificate must be presented to your sales associate. Discounts for Assistance Dog Puppy Raisers will be applied upon application completion, which includes a valid ID from the non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Applications are available in the store.