The Especially for Pets’ Adoption Initiative Program finds permanent, loving homes for homeless pets, as well as raises awareness about the work being done in the rescue community. In six month increments, each Especially for Pets’ store teams up with a local non-profit or rescue organizations to educate our customers about what the specific organizations do, to collect donations for their use, and ultimately to help find them homes for pets in their care.
Current partnerships are listed below. You can also visit our stores to check out their Adoption Board and see photographs of the animals available for adoption and/or pick up a copy of their ‘Wish List’. Make a donation to support the organization of your choice in any of our stores and we will see that it is delivered to the non-profit organization.
Acton & Amazing Greyz Greyhound Adoption, Inc.
Amazing Greyz Greyhound Adoption Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing greyhounds with the best possible care while they await their ‘forever’ homes. Through careful observation and interaction with each dog in myriad situations, they are able to more accurately assess their needs, personalities and overall demeanor, helping them to determine their most appropriate placement. It is their goal to work diligently towards an adoption resulting in a mutually beneficial experience for their greyhounds and for the special individuals and families who willingly welcome them into their hearts and homes.
- Dry dog food: Holistic Select, Blue Buffalo, Prairie, BG, California Natural (Chicken & Rice and/or Herring & Sweet Potato)
- Canned dog food: Blue Buffalo, Pinnacle, Solid Gold, California Natural, Merrick, Old Mother Hubbard, Triumph
- Old Mother Hubbard Biscuits or other high quality all natural treats
- Everlasting Bento Balls & Refills (large)
- Nylabones: Y shaped
- Crate beds: 30”x 48” fleece or flannel
- Bitter Apple
- Grocery items: Chicken & Beef Broth (low sodium/no fat, Canned Pumpkin, Peanut Butter)
- Cleaning: Clorox Bleach, Glad tall kitchen bags, Bounty paper
towels, Glad storage & sandwich size plastic bags, dish soap, high efficiency laundry detergent, Clorox Bleach for colors, dryer sheets, Green Works, Clorox Wipes
- Medical: Vet wrap 2” & 4”, rolled gauze, medical tape, Bacitracin, nonstick telfapads, Q-tips, pre-moistened ear wipes
- Office: Laser printing paper 32# & 24#, stamps, Scotch tape, used ink cartridges that can be recycled (they receive credit at Staples!), clear packing tape (sold at BJs in six packs)
- Heartgard Plus or Triheart for dogs over 50 pounds
- Frontline Plus for dogs over 50 pounds
- Advantage for dogs over 50 pounds
Please support Amazing Greyz, Inc. Greyhound by making a tax-deductible donation. Your check can be made payable to Amazing Greyz, Inc. and sent to P.O. Box 387, Sheldonville, MA 02070.
Canton & The Boxer Rescue, Inc.
The Boxer Rescue, Inc. could not exist without donations from people like you. Many of their dogs coming into rescue require expensive medical treatment before they can be placed in their “forever” homes. The adoption donation is often not sufficient to cover all of the expenses. Since The Boxer Rescue is solely operated on a volunteer basis, funding is always tight; therefore, your donation small or large will go a long way in helping dogs in need.
No donation is ever too small to help a Boxer dog in need. If you would like to help The Boxer Rescue, please consider making a donation or supporting them in one of the many ways listed below.
- Consider being a Foster Home or volunteering for TBRI
- Community events
- Make a donation in someone else’s name
- PayPal donations
- General gift donation
- Toys new or gently used
- Crates (large or x-large)
- Dog beds & blankets new or gently used
- Stainless steel bowls new or gently used
- New collars & leashes
- Gentle leaders
- Winter coats
- Baby/dog gates
- Dog food (sealed bags only)
- Treats (sealed bags only)
- Especially for Pets gift cards
- Dog seat belts
- Auto ramps for the seniors
- Prepaid gas cards
- Prepaid phone cards
Medway & MetroWest Humane Society
MetroWest Humane Society is a volunteer-led, non-profit, no-kill shelter located in Ashland that is dependent on charitable donations. An advocate for animal welfare, MWHS focuses on the well-being of cats in the Metrowest Boston area, including finding loving homes or providing life-long care while educating the community reducing the feral/stray cat population.
- Especially for Pets Gift cards
- Cat beds (machine washable) 12"-14" maximum size
- Dry adult cat tood for feral feeding program
- KMR Kitten Formula 8 oz. liquid variety
- Non-Clumping litter (small bags)
- Clumping litter preferably scent free
- Nature’s Miracle
- Digital baby scale
- Chicken or Turkey Stage 2 All-Meat Baby Food (Gerber or Beech-Nut)
Newton & All Dog Rescue
All Dog Rescue is an all volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue of Massachusetts dogs in need and matching each with appropriate and responsible owners. Their goals include preventing the euthanasia of any dog which can be matched with an appropriate home; providing the best quality, most responsible home for each individual dog; and providing support to any dog owner considering the surrender of a dog.
- Harnesses for all size dogs
- Crate liners or beds
- Natures Miracle
- Small dog beds
- Durable toys
- Pig ears
- Bully sticks
- Unopened bags of dry dog food
- Canned dog food
- Collars for small and medium dogs
- 6’ leads for small and large dogs
- Dog treats
- Wire dog crates
- Soft toys
Sudbury & Guardian Angels Cat Rescue
Guardian Angels Cat Rescue is a non-profit organization formed to rescue the neediest cats and kittens in the Metrowest area. With over fifteen years experience in feline rescue, they work with shelter personnel and local veterinarians to identify cats in need and get them ready for their new homes. Most of their cats are tame, friendly pets who were abandoned by previous owners. They rely on a dedicated network of volunteer foster homes who care for their charges until an adoptive home is found. They are staffed entirely by volunteers, and rely on private funding and donations to support their rescues. For more information, call 781-237-8405 or 508-651-1205.
Guardian Angels Cat Rescue volunteers are here with adoptable cats on most Saturdays from 11:30am to 3:00pm at Especially for Pets in Wayland or Sudbury. Please call them to confirm the time and location before coming to the store.
- Premium cat & kitten dry food
- Premium cat & kitten canned food
- Cat litter
- KMR Milk Replacer
- Cat beds
- Paper towels
- Postage stamps (first class letter denomination)
- Laundry detergent
- Disinfecting wipes
- Lysol/Disinfectant Spray
- Monetary donations (used for veterinary care, medical supplies, food, and litter)
Wayland & Pug Rescue of New England
Pug Rescue of New England (PRoNE) is a non-profit 501c3 organization that accepts, cares for and places abandoned and unwanted Pugs in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. They accept Pugs of any age, condition or situation. Their Pugs will be checked by a veterinarian, updated on all shots, and treated for current medical needs before being adopted.
PRoNE is supported by donations, subscriptions to their quarterly newsletter, The Pug Phoenix, and other fundraising events such as the annual Pug Social held in October.
- Especially for Pets $5 gift cards
- Lupine brand harnesses 12”-20”
- Nylon leads
- Wellness Simple Solutions Dog Food all varieties
- California Natural Adult Dog Dry & Canned Food all varieties
- Wysong Dent-a-Treat
- Zuke’s Hip Action Treats
- Pug-sized dog beds
- Pug-sized dog toys (all kinds)
Westborough & Toy Poodle Rescue
Toy Poodle Rescue is a private recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to Poodle rescue, re-homing and rehabilitation based in Massachusetts.
They are a small group of people who love Poodles and are passionate about maintaining the well being of this breed. Because they are small, they offer a personal approach that can be lacking in larger national rescue groups. They want to remain small and keep everything on a very personal level, maintaining care and concern for all involved whether that be the adoption of a Poodle or the surrender of one. They have an open door policy and can be contacted at any time regarding the placement or surrender of a Poodle.
They are committed to good health, nutrition and quality of life for every Poodle they rescue and re-home. All of their Poodles are placed in private, safe and loving foster homes that have knowledge and experience of the breed.
- Artemis 5 lb. Small Breed Adult Dog Food
- Artemis 30 lb. Small Breed Adult Dog Food
- Any flavor of 95% meat canned dog food
- Charlee Bear Treats
- Real meat lamb, venison or beef treats
- Any small squeaky dog toys to send home with our Poodles
-White natural small bones (not filled)
- Air dried small bully sticks
- New or gently used pet steps (to get on or off beds and couches)