The Especially for Pets’ Adoption Initiative Program finds permanent, loving homes for homeless pets, as well as raises awareness about the work being done in the rescue community. In six month increments, each Especially for Pets’ store teams up with a local non-profit or rescue organization to educate our customers about the specific organizations, to collect donations, and ultimately to help find homes for pets in their care.
Current partnerships are listed below. You can also visit our stores to check out the Adoption Board and see photographs of the animals available for adoption and/or pick up a copy of their ‘Wish List’. Make a donation to support the organization of your choice in any of our stores and we will see that it is delivered to the non-profit organization.
Acton & Pug Rescue of New England (PRoNE)
Pug Rescue of New England is a non-profit 501(c)(3), volunteer foster home based rescue organization. Their mission is to find homes for abandoned and surrendered pugs in the six New England states. Their pugs are up-to-date on shots and spayed or neutered prior to being placed in a forever home.
- Dog beds and blankets
- Leashes and harnesses
- Small Crates
- Exercise Pens
Canton & Milton Animal League
The Milton Animal League is a 501(C)(3) non-profit charity organization volunteer group dedicated to the rescue, care and adoption of animals in need. Every animal receives the best care possible and their needs for housing, food and emotional support are met to the best of their ability. Every animal is fully vetted, receives a physical exam, age appropriate vaccines, blood tests and are spayed or neutered. All adoptable animals are safe until they find their permanent home with a new family. They rely solely on adoption and membership fees and donations from generous, caring individuals and businesses.
- Premium beef hide chips and large rawhide bones (made in the USA)
- 15 lb. Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain feline formula with Roasted Venison and Smoked Salmon
- 25 lb. Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch grain-free dog food
- Wellness Simple Limited ingredient Turkey and Potato 12.5 oz. dog food
Medway & Yellow Rose Animal Rescue
Based in Big Spring, Texas, Yellow Rose Animal Rescue's mission is to save as many lives as possible. They are an all volunteer organization dependent upon support from their community.
- Dry and canned dog food
- Dog leashes and harnesses
- Dog collars
- Dog toys (Kongs and interactive toys)
- Pee pads
- Flea and tick preventatives
- Especially for Pets' gift cards
Newton & Last Hope K9 Rescue
Last Hope K9 Rescue is a 100% volunteer run all breed rescue. They are dedicated to saving abandoned, neglected, and/or abused dogs from high kill shelters throughout the United States and do not discriminate on the basis of age, pre-existing medical conditions or breed. Since establishment in March 2012, they have saved the lives of over 3,500 dogs. Please help them by adopting, fostering, donating, advocating and educating.
- Dog collars (1 inch)
- Martingale collars (3/4, 1 and 1.5 inches wide)
- 6 foot dog leads (1/2 and 1 inch wide)
- Extra large wire dog crates
Sudbury & Little Paws Dachshund Rescue
Little Paws Dachshund rescue is a non-profit animal rescue that specializes in finding permanent homes for dachshunds. Their goal to identify abandoned, mistreated or homeless dogs and oversee their treatment and wellbeing while working to find loving owners. They strive to make the lives of all dogs better through action, advocacy, awareness and education. They are 100% non profit and solely depend on donations.
- 4 and 6 foot dog leashes
- Harnesses (small and medium)
- Wire crates
- Treats (no large chew treats please)
- Dog toys
- Sweaters and coats
- Food (good quality both wet and dry)
- Flea and tick preventative
- Stairs and/or ramps
- Belly bands and diapers
- Especially for Pets' gift cards
Wayland & Forgotten Angels Cat Rescue
Forgotten Angels Shelter is a pro-life, non-profit 501(C)(3) foster home based shelter for homeless cats. Please see their website for more information and schedule of adoption information days.
- Adult and kitten cat food (canned and dry)
- Cat litter
- Paper towels
- Towels and sheets (used is fine)
- Disposable gloves
- Cat carriers
- Stainless and ceramic feeding bowls
- Cat beds
- Cat toys
- Scratching posts
- Bleach and laundry detergent
- Tru-Catch traps
- Stationary and copy paper
- Gas cards (for vet runs, feeding and trapping)
Westborough & Central MA Kibble Kitchen
The goal of the Central MA Kibble Kitchen Pet Food Bank is to find a way for financially struggling families to get food for their dogs or cats, so they won't have to consider surrendering them because they can't afford to feed them. Pet owners wishing to participate will need to complete an application and meet their eligibility requirements.
- Dry and canned cat food
- Canned dog food
- Dog leashes (large)
- Easy walk harnesses (medium & large)
- Martingale collars (large)
- Kong dog toys (extra large; black preferred)
- Bully sticks