Grooming

DONATIONS IN 2016

Thanks to you, in 2015, we donated $29,729 and since 1995 we have donated $275,174 to our quarterly nail clipping charities.

Here is our progress in 2016.
$ 40,000
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 13,440
donation thermometer
33%
Updated
7/11/16
  • “Emily is fantastic. Murphy is an extreme challenge to groom, but Emily has been working with him and now has a system worked out for getting him done. She is the only groomer able to handle him. We are so grateful for her time and patience and she does a great job." - Kerry C.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53

Especially for Pets offers nail grooming, by appointment, in exchange for monetary donations to a local animal shelter or non-profit organization. Four different charities per year are chosen to be the recipient of the nail clipping donations. We gratefully accept a $10.00 donation for a clip or $15.00 for a trim using a Dremel tool. Friendly and non-aggressive animals only.

Since the Program’s inception, Especially for Pets has raised $211,293 for charity. Click here for past recipients.

Current Nail Clipping Charity

WARL logoThe mission of the Worcester Animal Rescue League (WARL) is to give compassion to every being that turns to them for help, providing shelter and care for animals as well as respect and resources for people.

WARL and Especially for Pets share similar values; both organizations believe that caring for pets and people in our community is a top priority, and through education and promotion of responsible pet care we can increase our ability to help those who need it most.

WARL is the largest animal shelter in Central Massachusetts, and the only animal shelter in Worcester. Each year over 1,500 animals need their help; 70% arrive as strays from Worcester and neighboring towns. The remaining 30% are surrendered by their owners, returned adoptions, or transferred to WARL from another animal welfare organization needing help. WARL provides the medical attention prior to adoption and the majority of care is given in their surgery suite. Pets are spayed/neutered and microchipped, administered flea/tick prevention, receive parasite treatments, vaccines and blood/fecal tests. Hundreds of pets have additional needs that are fairly simple to treat.

Funds received would directly impact the lives of shelter pets by providing support towards extraordinary diagnostic testing and procedures the animals desperately need.

Please take advantage of this service and help a local charity at the same time! We also encourage you to learn more about the recipient at their in-store Information Days, listed below.

- Saturday, July 9 from 11:00am to 2:00pm in Westborough
- Sunday, July 10 from 11:00am to 2:00pm in Sudbury
- Saturday, July 30 from 11:00am to 2:00pm in Acton




communitynailclipping